Our commitment to your facility is to ensure cost savings, energy efficiency, optimal comfort, and seamless systems integration.
Established in 2004 with headquarters in Cork, Sygma Automation provides Building Management Systems and Energy Management Solutions to clients nationwide.
We also provide specialised Control Systems (software and hardware) that monitor and control the environment, utilities, and energy usage in buildings.
Building Management Systems and Controls
To assure you of the best possible service, our team of expert Building Management System (BMS) Engineers are trained in the following systems:
- Cylon Unitron UC32
- Cylon Unitron 2000
- TAC / Schneider
- GE Intellution Ifix
- North Communications
BMS for Validated Environments
We design, manage, and commission high profile validated BMS projects in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices industry. We have in-depth knowledge and experience in the GAMP 4 and 21CFR part 11 directives for the HVAC industry.
We produce high-level documentation including:
- Functional Design Specifications (FDS)
- Hardware Design Specifications (HDS)
- Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- Site Acceptance Test (SAT)
- Commissioning Protocols
BMS for Commercial & Leisure Industries
We install, commission, and demonstrate Building Management Systems for clients in the following areas:
- Swimming Pools
- Private Houses
- Large Office Blocks
Why work with Sygma Automation?
Partnering with Sygma Automation guarantees effective and timely communication, long-standing expertise, and quality of service. We adopt strict processes and policies to ensure top quality implementation, integration, and maintenance of your building management and control systems.
Sygma Automation endeavours to promote and develop open communication with our clients. We challenge conventional thinking and our clients’ priorities drive our actions.
We aim to provide a comprehensive solution for each challenge experienced by our clients. This adds value at every stage of the process.
We created an in-house Quality System that ensures each task within a project is carried out in a controlled and traceable manner. Our clients benefit from this by receiving a prompt and reliable service.
Conducting regular in-house and external training ensures we remain conversant and current with the ever-changing range of products and technologies. We also conduct regular in-house training on our Quality System to ensure a high standard of workmanship and service to our clients.
For new installations, we put a strong emphasis on initial training and provide an easy-to-understand operating manual for future reference. This ensures full knowledge and understanding of the BMS systems installed.
Sygma Automation Team
Our highly experienced team work closely together to ensure good communication and execution of each project. Our staff and Engineers bring the benefit of extended experience to each project and are committed to providing quality service and workmanship.
With over 30 years experience in the controls industry, Tim has worked on a wide range of systems including Trend, Cylon, TAC, and Johnson Controls. He was a senior commissioning engineer with a leading controls company in the London area until 1997 when he returned to Ireland.
Since then, Tim engineered and commissioned major projects in the Munster area for clients such as Pfizer, Guidant, EMC, Janssen, Warner-Lambert and Stryker. He engineered and commissioned the first validated 21CFR Part 11 BMS project in Ireland for Pfizer Pharmaceuticals.
Tim’s vision has remained the same since he established Sygma Automation in 2004: provide added value to the BMS Industry with long-standing expertise and quality of service.
Following graduation as a Mechanical Engineer, Jim worked with a leading building services company involved in project design, commissioning, and procurement of commercial heating & control systems. He worked with LonWorks based Honeywell systems.
In 2003 he moved to Cylon Controls, a leading independent control systems manufacturer, to work as a technical support engineer and trainer. During his time with Cylon, Jim gained in-depth knowledge of Modbus and BACnet-based control systems, as well as the Cylon control system.
Jim joined Sygma in 2006 and was initially responsible for the Integration of BMS Systems. One of the highlights includes the integration of a Siemens system, Trend IQ2 system, TAC Xenta system and a Mitsubishi Air Conditioning system to a BMS front end.
Senior BMS Engineer / Project Manager
Kevin is an Electrician with a background in industrial installation, maintenance and automation. He has over 20 years experience in the controls industry at home and abroad.
He is one of the most experienced Cylon programmers in Ireland. His responsibilities include BMS Software & Graphic Design, Instrument Calibration, Testing and Systems Maintenance.
Kevin joined Sygma in 2012 and is a valuable member of our projects team. He is also responsible for system commissioning and client demonstrations.
Senior BMS Engineer / Project Manager
Peter is an Instrument Technician with 16 years experience in the Pharmaceutical and Petrochemical Industries, the last 9 years in Building Automation and controls fields.
He is highly experienced in commissioning, validation project management, and document control on a variety of projects from large-scale ATEX installations to Process control system upgrades.
Peter’s responsibilities with Sygma include Project Management, Software Programming, System Commissioning and Client Demonstrations.
Lead Design Engineer / Project Manager
Philip, an Electrical Engineer, worked with two different Air Conditioning Manufacturers, EDPAC and Liebert, as a Senior Applications Engineer. This role encompassed Controls System Design, End-User Technical Support and Sales Support.
Philip has worked in the Building Management and Controls Industry for 16 years. He fulfilled a large number of roles from Service and Maintenance Engineer, Commissioning Engineer, Project Manager and most recently Lead Design Engineer.
Philip’s role in Sygma is Lead Design Engineer and Project Manager. He puts great emphasis on understanding each client’s requirements and communicates extensively with the design team, contractors, plant vendors, and end-user to ensure the BMS Design achieves its objectives. Philip has designed projects with numerous Control Systems, i.e. Cylon, Trend, Johnson Controls, Elesta.
Marcin graduated as an Electronic Technician in 1998 in Poland. He spent a number of years working in varied roles within the telecommunications industry before moving to Ireland.
Marcin joined Sygma in 2013 as an AutoCad Technician. He also carries out all purchasing within the company and more recently has become involved with quality control within Sygma.
Marcin completed the Scada & Automation Systems Course in Cork Institute of Technology in 2014. He has also completed training on the Regin SCADA system and Cylon’s Unitron BMS system, these skills have enabled him to crossover into software programming within the company.
We have a proven track record in delivering large-scale projects from design stage through to installation & maintenance.
- Pfizer, Ringaskiddy & Little Island, Cork (numerous projects)
- Stryker, Cork (numerous projects)
- IVAX Pharmaceuticals Ireland, Waterford (numerous projects)
- Millipore Chromatography, Carrigtwohill, Cork (numerous projects)
- Hovione Pharmaceuticals SDD, Ringaskiddy
- Mylan Laboratories, Dublin & Galway
- One Albert Quay, Cork
- Apple, Cork (numerous projects)
- Dell, Limerick (numerous projects)
- Microsoft Data Centre, Grange Castle, Dublin
- Centre Point Office Development, Tralee, Co. Kerry
- Building 7000, Westpark, Shannon, Co. Clare
- University of Limerick Irish World Academy of Music & Dance
- Tyndall National Institute UCC, Cork
- Doughiska Primary & Secondary Schools, Galway
- Scoil Cholmcille, Cork
- North Monastery School, Cork
- Abbeyfeale Community School, Co. Limerick
- Castleisland Area Service Centre & Branch Library, Co. Kerry
- Revenue Offices Listowel, Co. Kerry
- Department of Foreign Aid, Limerick
- Collins Barracks, Cork (numerous projects)
- Haulbowline Naval Base, Co. Cork (numerous projects)
- RIA Asylum Centers, Co. Cork and Co. Clare
Food & Beverage
- Dew Valley Foods, Co. Tipperary
- Carbery Milk Products, Enniskeane, Co. Cork
- Kerry Foods, Charleville, Co. Cork
- Dairygold, Mallow & Mitchelstown, Co. Cork (numerous projects)
- Bon Secours Hospital, Cork (numerous projects)
- St. Johns Hospital, Limerick
- Central Remedial Clinic, Waterford
- Ennistymon Community Hospital, Co. Clare
- University Hospital Kerry, Tralee, Co. Kerry (numerous projects)
- Padre Pio Nursing Home, Churchtown, Co. Cork
Retail / Leisure
- Cope Foundation, Cork
- Mahon Point Shopping Centre, Cork
- Montenotte Hotel, Cork
- Oriel House Hotel, Ballincollig, Cork
- Maritime Hotel, Bantry, Co. Cork
- Skellig Hotel, Dingle, Co. Kerry
- Kingsley Hotel, Cork
- Lismore Castle, Co. Waterford
- Soho Bar & Restaurant, Cork
- Charleville Park Hotel, Co. Cork
- Woodlands Hotel, Co. Limerick
- Leggestrath Mart and Office Development, Kilkenny
- Mallow GAA Complex, Co. Cork
- Portland House, Limerick (17,500 sq.ft.)
- Paddock Wood, Killiney, Dublin
- Chiplee House, Blackrock, Cork
- Kilcully House, Cork
- Moseley Villa, Ballintemple, Cork